Saturday 30 May 2009

The 'Big Idea'




For our final project we each were given four or five words or phrases to pick from which we would then research and create some kind of outcome from. I decided upon the phrase 'Nanny State' which I found very interesting. I looked at political satire which is currently enjoying something of a revival with the recent Schweppes campaign. I drew a Gordon Brown character dressed as Mary Poppins (as shown in previous sketches) and came up with an overblown parody of a recent campaign to reflect the nannying behaviour of my Gordon Poppins character. I decided to lampoon the recent swine flu campaign but change it to swan flu so I could bring in more humorous elements. Here are a couple of photos of what I had at the end of the four week project. I hope to work more on this project for inclusion in my portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment